Prices and terms may vary by location due the different specifications of aircraft available at that location. Prices on this page should be taken a a rough guide for budget purposes.
Open Cockpit (MTOSport, Magni M16)
|Gyrocopter Introductory Flight (Briefing + 30 minutes flying)||£120 (+ £5 for gift pack)|
|Gyrocopter Introductory Flight (Extended briefing + 60 minutes flying)||£195 (+ £5 for gift pack)|
|Gyrocopter Introductory Flight (Extended briefing + 90 minutes flying) ||£290 (+ £5 for gift pack) |
Enclosed Cockpit (Calidus, Magni M24 Orion)
|Gyrocopter Introductory Flight (Briefing + 30 minutes flying)||£145 (+ £5 for gift pack)|
|Gyrocopter Introductory Flight (Extended briefing + 60 minutes flying)||£240 (+ £5 for gift pack)|
|Gyrocopter Introductory Flight (Extended briefing + 90 minutes flying) ||£340 (+ £5 for gift pack) |
Training Rates, when registered for an ongoing training course
|Dual Instruction in a School Gyrocopter (hours 2+)#|| |
| - Open Cockpit (MTO Sport, M16)|| From £139 per hour|
| - Enclosed Cockpit (Magni M24, Calidus, Cavalon)|| From £186 per hour|
|Note: Prices vary per location depending upon the exact configuration of the Gyroplane and operating costs.|| |
| || |
|Extended briefings and groundschool||£54 per hour|
|Dual Instruction in your Gyrocopter||From £90 per hour|
|Supervised Solo Training in your Gyrocopter ||From £90 per hour|
| || |
|Supervised Solo training in a School Gyrocopter*||as dual rate|
# This rate is for students receiving ongoing training and applies from the second hour of training onwards.
* Flying solo in our Gyrocopter
In order to fly solo in a School Gyrocopter you must agree to the following:
- You will sign a "Bend it, Mend it" agreement which states that you will be responsible for any uninsured damage to the machine whilst in your care. Your liability will be limited to the first £7,500 of any repairs
- You will pay us a returnable bond of £5,000 which we will hold until you complete your solo training. This would be used towards repairs in the event of damage to the Gyrocopter and is fully refundable if there is no damage.
- You will pay £450 towards the solo insurance costs. This is non-refundable and lasts for up to a year.
- Your maximum liabililty is limited to a total of £7,500 of which £5,000 will have been pre-paid (see item 1 above).
In March 2013, the law changed to allow factory built Gyrocopters to be hired in the UK. When you obtain your Gyrocopter Pilot's licence there is now an option to hire Gyros subject to a set of terms and conditions. If you own a Gyrocopter and you would like to hire it out to other pilots, please contact your local flying school for details.
Membership of the local flying club
All students (with the exception of people who only fly as part of an initial Air Experience event) are required by law to join the local Flying Club. The annual membership fee will vary from location to location - see the information about each location for prices and more information.